Listen to this episode
Whatsapp as the New Frontier for Social Customer Service
A Tech Tuesday Episode. All things Technology related to providing digital customer service.
Brought to you by:
- The Social Pack. Get on the Inside to stay on the top side. Head to SociallySupportive.com and join today for the latest tips, tricks and technology in social customer care.
- MorningBrooke Digital. Visit www.MorningBrookeDigital.com for help with creating strategies around holiday coverage and more!
“When the winds of change blow, some people build walls while others build windmills.” – Chinese Proverb
Book of the day: Whatsapp – Complete Guide: How to use Whatsapp and exchange messages without having to pay for SMS – Robert Ferulie
What’s Up with Whatsapp and Customer Service
- What’s Happening: KLM was announced as the first airline with a verified business account.
- Why This Matters: KLM is piloting a program where they will transact business and provide customer support over Whatsapp so that customers can “connect in a fast, easy way,” according to KLM.
- Why Whatsapp?
- Offers secure messaging that can only be accessed by the brand and the user. Cannot even be accessed by Whatsapp.
- Whatsapp has over 1 Billion users worldwide.
- What Will KLM Do on Whatsapp?
- Get flight information
- Contact Social Media Agents 24/7 for support
- Why does KLM Matter?
- They are a pioneer on social media
- Over 25 million fans and followers throughout social media
- They receive over 100k mentions every week
- 15k mentions per week are questions/remarks
- Personally answered by over 250 social care agents, 24/7, in 9 languages
- Have a job opening? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll post it to the site.
- Looking for a spot? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll share your resume (privately) with potential employers.