Listen to this episode
A Manic Monday Episode. Manic Monday focuses on Numbers, Measuring, Reporting and Workforce Management.
Brought to you by:
- The Social Pack: Get on the inside to stay on the topside. Join today!
- MorningBrooke Digital Consultancy: If you need help with digital customer support strategy go to www.MorningBrookeDigital.com
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Ronald Dahl
Book of the Day: The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals – Stephen R. Covey
Reporting on Special Ops
- Special Ops Definition (According to Frankie): In Episode 1 – Socially Supportive and 4DX I talk about the whirlwind, which includes all of your regular daily activities. For social customer care leadership, Special Ops, or special operations, are activities that fall outside of those daily activities.
- Why it’s Important to Report on Special Ops
- To increase awareness
- To demonstrate progress
- To illustrate organizational benefits
- To keep you on track
- 5 Steps to Locating Your Special Ops and Reporting on Them
- Scan your regular weekly reports for regularly reported items including:
- Scan your calendar for the week (Outlook, Google, etc.) and search for;
- Meetings you’ve held
- Meetings you’ve attended
- Meetings you’ve skipped (yeah, you passed on some meetings.)
- Scan your emails for the week
- Discussions on projects in the works
- Requests for assistance from other departments
- Recurring issues that continue to hit your inbox
- Find one of the following and crown it your special op:
- A project you’re already working on
- A problem that needs addressing
- An opportunity to improve
- Make a place on your weekly and start reporting
- Define the problem
- Advise how this relates to your overall 36 month strategy
- Describe the solution
- Set baseline
- Set target result
- Set deadline
- create milestone activities
- report out every week
- Have a job opening? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll post it to the site.
- Looking for a spot? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll share your resume (privately) with potential employers.