A Wisdom Wednesday Episode. On Wisdom Wednesday I bring wisdom from the best events, books, articles, videos etc. and share the highlights with you!
Brought to you by:
- The Social Pack: Get on the inside to stay on the topside. Join today!
- Telligent: A leader in community software for digital marketing and support communities. Its social software solutions help bring together modern collaboration technologies into a single integrated suite that includes social applications and social services that enable organizations to create communities of interest for their customers. Telligent’s solutions include both external customer and internal employee communities.A customer service community enables you to answer a question once and scale it to an unlimited number of customers.
- MorningBrooke Digital Consultancy: If you need help with digital customer support strategy go to www.MorningBrookeDigital.com
“Messaging has the potential to replace phone calls—but only if customers know they will get a quick response.” – Joshua March
Book of the Day: Message Me: The Future of Customer Service in the Era of Social Messaging and Artificial Intelligence – Joshua March
Message Me: Highlights from the Author Joshua March
Joshua March is the founder and CEO of Conversocial, a leading social customer service solution used by hundreds of the world’s biggest brands to deliver enterprise scale customer service through social media and mobile messaging platforms. Conversocial is an official partner of Twitter and Facebook, and has been recognized by Forrester, Gartner and Ovum as a leading vendor in the social customer care space. Joshua previously founded leading social application company iPlatform, one of the world’s first Facebook Preferred Developers, which was acquired in 2012. A renowned expert in social media and customer service, Joshua has been featured on Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Business, and the BBC. Having started his career in London, Joshua now lives New York. Message Joshua @joshuamarch.
Josh March on his book Message Me
- Since 2011 Conversocial has been in the social care space
- Their mission: To bridge gap between rapidly shifting world of social media and the needs of a large entrprise contact center
- Landscape: last 2 years: rapid growth of mobile messaging as a social care space
- The Book
- Discusses this rapid growth and share details about how you deliver large scale customer service through these messaging channels
- Shares elements to consider with social customer care
- real time + asynchronous
- security and identity
- resource agents and manage workflow
- manage cases / tickets
- manage quality of care
- unique elements of messaging means it needs to be managed differently to get the right metrics that are comparable to phone and comparable to chat
- Shares the history of social
- Illustrates the rise of messaging
- Discusses the arrival of automation and AI
- Bot platform for Messenger and Twitter caused a bot craze
- People built simple, rules-based platforms that yielded lackluster results
- But now incredible advancements in AI, machine learning and deep learning
- These trends can be joined with messaging to start making a real impact in customer service
- This will have a huge, disruptive impact in the social customer care market in the next 3-5 years
- Fastest volume growth is customers who have started to promote messaging
- “Contact Us” or “Message Me” or “DM Us” buttons on their pages
- Promoting out to their customers
- Social care at one company was 5% of overall volume before adding buttons, and within 2 weeks that volume shot up to 20% of all of their care volume. Now 25% and still growing
- Almost instantly replaced almost half of their email and chat volume and starting to touch phone calls as well
- Illustrates a huge, pent-up demand for these channels if you just tell customers about them
- All of that growth is directed to private messaging channels
- Here’s what held back the growth of social customer care
- People didn’t want to promote public care
- Inability to fit neatly into a case management made it very challenging to measure in the same way they measure the call center
- But Conversocial has spent the past year focusing on changing that so that you can measure:
- Cost per resolution
- Webinar on 11/09 for more information (Webinar: Proving the Value of Social Messaging for Customer Care)
Sponsored by: Telligent
- Why Community? Why Telligent?
- An Absolute ROI: Customer support communities create a compelling return on invested capital and gives your customers the support options they want.
- Decrease support costs: By moving common support cases online, resolutions to cases can be used again and again. Plus you can quickly see which topics cause the most issues.
- Plan support staffing: Telligent’s largest customers use their community to plan the staffing of their support centers – communities provide an early warning of incidents that are occurring with products. This type of optimization ensure that they maximize the investment in support.
- Self-Service support: Support doesn’t start at your website, but at your customer’s favorite search engine. Every page is page one and the Telligent Community is optimized for SEO. And, people would rather self-service (and help each other) than work through a traditional support team.
- Have a job opening? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll post it to the site.
- Looking for a spot? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll share your resume (privately) with potential employers.