Listen to this episode
A Manic Monday Episode. Manic Monday focuses on Numbers, Measuring, Reporting and Workforce Management.
Brought to you by:
- The Social Pack: Get on the inside to stay on the topside. Join today!
- Telligent, a Verint Company: A leader in community software for digital marketing and support communities. Its social software solutions help bring together modern collaboration technologies into a single integrated suite that includes social applications and social services that enable organizations to create communities of interest for their customers. Telligent’s solutions include both external customer and internal employee communities. A customer service community enables you to answer a question once and scale it to an unlimited number of customers.
Announcement: Free 30 minute coaching with me, this December only! Click here to schedule!
“It’s all about quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Phillip Green
Book of the day: Call Center Staffing: The Complete, Practical Guide to Workforce Management – Penny Reynolds
Calculating Holiday Season Staffing Needs
8 Steps to Prepare for the Upcoming Holiday (See Episode 2 – Holiday Coverage)
- News: Check the news for anything that could be breaking over the holiday season
- Your industry/vertical
- National/Local events
- Volume: Look up the social care volume for the past 3 years during this season to inform what might happen this year.
- Campaigns: Call your social media marketing or digital marketing counterpart to see if any unusual sales or promotional campaigns are running that would cause volume spikes
- Closings: Ask about operations in other departments. Are retail stores closing? Will the sales telephone number be closed? Get workaround instructions.
- Maintenance: Website work planned over the holiday? Oh yes, yes they would. Ask about any physical or cyber maintenance happening that could impact volume.
- Adjacent Staffing: Find out whether other departments plan to increase or decrease staff on the holiday and what drove this decision.
- Make a Tip Sheet: Gather all this information and create a digital or physical tip sheet where your team can access all the data quickly.
- Contact Info: Provide sufficient contact information so that your department knows who to contact in an emergency. And define what constitutes an emergency.
Sponsored by: Telligent, A Verint Copany
- Why Community? Why Telligent Community?
- An Absolute ROI: Customer support communities create a compelling return on investment and give your customers the support options they want.
- Decrease support costs: By moving common support cases online, resolutions to cases can be used again and again. Plus you can quickly see which topics cause the most issues.
- Plan support staffing: Telligent’s largest customers use their community to plan the staffing of their support centers – communities provide an early warning of incidents that are occurring with products. This type of optimization ensure that they maximize the investment in support.
- Self-Service support: Support doesn’t start at your website, but at your customer’s favorite search engine. Every page is page one and the Telligent Community is optimized for SEO. And, people would rather self-serve (and help each other) than work through a traditional support team.
- Have a job opening? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll post it to the site.
- Looking for a spot? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll share your resume (privately) with potential employers.