A free form Friday episode. On Friday we go free style and talk about whatever we want. Because it’s Friday!
Brought to you by:
- The Social Pack: Get on the inside to stay on the topside. Join today!
- Telligent, a Verint Company: A leader in community software for support communities and digital marketing. Its social software solutions help bring together modern collaboration technologies into a single integrated suite that includes social applications and social services that enable organizations to create communities of interest for their customers. Telligent’s solutions include both external customer and internal employee communities. A customer service community enables you to answer a question once and scale it to an unlimited number of customers.
Announcement: Free 30 minute coaching with me, this December only! Click here to schedule!
“Your customers are going to give you the best information and feedback that’s out there – so listen to them.” – Dan Gingiss, Senior Director of Global Social Media at McDonald’s Corporation, at the 2017 Incite Customer Service Summit
Book of the Day: So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed – Jon Ronson
Sarah Grace carries over a decade of experience in consumer marketing, with extensive work in digital and social media strategy, including community management and customer care support. As Director of Global Product Management, Digital Solutions for SYKES, Sarah Grace manages SM|Edge, the strategic SYKES solution providing comprehensive, cost-effective, global social media customer care. Current programs include support across multiple industries, such as telecommunications, technology, financial services, consumer retail, membership organizations, and more.
Prior to joining SYKES, Sarah Grace developed programs for a number global and national companies, including Nike, Starbucks, Nestlé, HTC, Microsoft, Animal Planet, Discovery Communications, the USO, NBC Universal, Bravo, FX, Dodge, Audi, Dark Horse Comics, and more. She has served as an instructor for Mediabistro and panelist at a number of social media thought leadership events, and is also the author of two novels.
Previous Episodes with Sarah Grace:
- Episode 11 – Top 4 Reasons to Leverage Social Messaging Apps
- Episode 46 – Top 3 Community Forum Best Practices
3 Key Factors in Digital CX Design
- Listen to Learn
- Assess overall organic volume
- Community forums
- Social Channel
- Support Chat – Facebook Messenger Customer Chat
- Determine how much of it is actionable
- Understand priority and complexity of mentions, topic drives, ticket arrival patterns
- widen scope of listening to include all relevant digital touchpoints, not just traditional social channels
- Assess overall organic volume
- Roadmap the Priorities
- Use the data to determine which channels offer the most organic opportunities
- Resource accordingly, including allotment of digital agents based on channel insights.
- Retire any channels that aren’t necessary
- Collaborate with Marketing on cohesive strategy re: channel ownership
- Embrace Ongoing Calibrations
- Digital CX program design will never be a “set it and forget it” scenario.
- This is a living, breathing space, constantly evolving, with new functionalities and technologies emerging regularly.
- Calibration will be key to ensure your program remains relevant and successful.
Sponsored by: Telligent, A Verint Company
- Why Community? Why Telligent?
- An Absolute ROI: Customer support communities create a compelling return on invested capital and gives your customers the support options they want.
- Decrease support costs: By moving common support cases online, resolutions to cases can be used again and again. Plus you can quickly see which topics cause the most issues.
- Plan support staffing: Telligent’s largest customers use their community to plan the staffing of their support centers – communities provide an early warning of incidents that are occurring with products. This type of optimization ensure that they maximize the investment in support.
- Self-Service support: Support doesn’t start at your website, but at your customer’s favorite search engine. Every page is page one and the Telligent Community is optimized for SEO. And, people would rather self-service (and help each other) than work through a traditional support team.
- Check them out at www.Telligent.com
- Have a job opening? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll post it to the site.
- Looking for a spot? Email Frankie@SociallySupportive.com and I’ll share your resume (privately) with potential employers.